Monday 24 February 2014

Spotlight On: Olivia

I originally posted this on my old blog, and since I've been riding Olivia lately (more on that later), I decided it was a good idea to reintroduce her.

When I asked for ideas on things I could feature on my blog, Natalie suggested I write about the horses at the farm. I have already posted about the stallions (here and here), and (keep your eyes open) I've decided to write about a few others... mainly ones of whom I can find ample photos for you guys.

So without further ado, I present to you... Olivia.

Photo "stolen" from Candice Crosby.

Olivia is a light bay mare, as pretty as they come - as if you couldn't tell from the photo. Her dam was Classical Jazz, fondly known as Grey Mare, a premium Canadian Warmblood (CWHBA). She was a very successful broodmare for Crosby Stables, with prominent offspring including McGiver (pictured - grey, Danique Rowsell photo), Enigma (pictured - bay, Candice Crosby photo), Stage Fright, Winda, Fox Mulder, and many, many more.


Olivia's sire is Oxford, a well known Dutch Warmblood Stallion. Oxford (Burggraaf / Voltaire) has been a very successful stallion to date, with extensive wins in both the hunter and jumper rings, up to Grand Prixs. He was even shown in the Maritimes by a local rider for a period of time, but now resides on the west coast of Canada.

 Oxford
 
In addition to being so darn cute, Olivia has a wonderful lovey personality and is just plain enjoyable to work with. It doesn't hurt that she's incredibly fancy and will make one hell of a show horse, either. She hasn't been shown much yet (too many horses!), but hopefully I can manage my time well and be at the farm more this year to help get her going.

She's one of Kevin's favourites, understandably so.

Danique Rowsell Photography


 I hate to say it, but the white stuff is coming here, *sigh*. Candice Crosby photo.

 CC photo.

 With Fraser! CC photo.

CC photo.

 This is more like it! CC photo.

I LOVE this! CC photo.

2 comments:

  1. Shes totally adorable! Love her markings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Olivia. Of Kevin's ponies that I've stalked, she has got such a cute face!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from fellow equestrians.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from fellow equestrians.

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP